If you’re wondering what can you do to help, new life outlook has quite a few ideas.
There are many ways that you can help to raise the profile of fibromyalgia including:
- Getting on social media to share facts, stats, figures and life stories about fibromyalgia.
- Getting involved in a local fibromyalgia awareness event.
- Hosting your own fibromyalgia awareness event to raise funds for research.
- Donating to a fibromyalgia charity or non-profit organization.
- Hosting a Facebook page for locals with fibromyalgia.
- Joining or hosting a local support group.
- Contacting your senator or congressman to talk about extra funding for fibromyalgia research and treatment.
- Becoming an advocate for fibromyalgia and speaking out to the medical world and the media.
- Printing out support posters and putting them up at your place of work/school/college
- Wearing a fibromyalgia purple ribbon and talking to people about the disease when they ask why you’re wearing it.
- Creating your own YouTube video to explain what it’s like to live with fibromyalgia.
- Selling fibromyalgia wristbands to friends, neighbors, and colleagues.